Sunday 19 January 2014

Longines - Avigation Watch Type A-7


I am happy to report, since it’s one of my favourite watches, that this one is not only on my hard drive but also on my wrist. It’s my first mechanical watch. At 49mm it is quite large, thick and heavy, but I am pleasantly surprised at how well it sits. I was afraid it would move too much and twist around but it stays comfortably in place – and I don’t have the largest wrists. The back cover opens to show the mechanism; which I appreciate as I always like to see what makes it tick. (I guess that’s where that expression came from!) Longines advertise it with 54 hours of power reserve, which I haven’t overly tested but did once get more than 58 hours out of it. My one negative is that the back end of the chronograph seconds hand is too large – it covers too much of the time-keeping seconds dial, and the spade shaped ending makes it visually too competitive with the hour hand. It’s also my first leather band and I was unprepared for how sweaty I can get it in the Australian summer. At this time of the year I’ve had to somewhat reserve it for evening wear.












No comments:

Post a Comment