Wednesday 4 June 2014

RJ-Romain Jerome - Skylab



As much as I love a classically traditional, even antique, aesthetic in my timekeeping devices, I also love a modern, sleek interpretation too – and the Romain Jerome Skylab is probably one of my favourite examples of ultra-modern, pared down horology. All the bridge work has been constrained to right angles, which appear to hold no more than is absolutely necessary. This skeletonized movement is so minimal it barely interrupts the view through both crystals, allowing the exposed main spring to be its own power reserve indicator. My favourite is the Heavy Metal – I like the unity achieved by appearing to be entirely made from the same metal.










...and here's some Skylab Photoshop fun:






















No comments:

Post a Comment